Oliver + S

Digital Patterns

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

This happened to me recently with a different file type — somehow, I suspect, my toddler the 1337 h@xx0r reset the download destination and my stuff was going someplace weird. I’m sure you’ve checked already, but it doesn’t hurt to check twice — try looking in your recycle folder, and after that try downloading something else and seeing where it goes. I found my file in pentuplicate in some weird random folder. Gremlins, maybe! PDFs seem very much like the kind of thing _not_ to get flagged up as a virus, so hopefully your files are still there!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

We were able to fix it — apparently it didn’t save properly as I printed directly from Adobe Reader instead of from the download, and then it got eaten when I reset the computer. But luckily o+s were able to help me since I still had my order number. So yay!

My tip for using digital patterns and staying green: use previously printed-on paper. I’m a teacher so I have a boatload every semester, but any office will usually have some, free for the asking, as long as the other side doesn’t have confidential information.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hugo has just informed me that double sided sticky tape ROCKS for putting PDF patterns together.

So now you know!

~Nicole~

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I need a Hugo.

LINK
    rebecca @rebecca

@mama_knowles. May I ask where you are able to print the large sheet for only $2?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Everyone needs a Hugo-he he!

LINK
    Anonymous @

OK, so I ordered the paper patterns hours ago and they STILL aren’t here! Hmmmm…. perhaps I should have gone with the digital. LOL

LINK
    Pink Zipper @Pink Zipper

Oh the wait is so painful isn’t Sahmcolorado!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

rebecca, I went to a local print shop not Staples or anything. They have great prices on everything at the mom and pop places.

~Sharon~

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I shopped around a bit and got quoted:

$96 — local shop where the clerk clearly did not understand what I was asking for — I’m afraid I laughed out loud.

$7 — Staples.

$5 — blueprint shop. I went with the blueprint shop because the guy running the store reminded me of my dad, in that sassy jokey engineer way. Super corny jokes. Got 3 prints and a little draughtsman’s template of circles, squares, triangles, and hexagons for $20, as well as a bit of amusement.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

Yeah, “local print shops” are few in Sweden and I have only just begun asking for quotes, but the first one gave me a price of $9.40 for one pattern sheet. No discount on multiple prints.

Oh, yeah, forgot to add VAT to that.

I’ll have to keep looking. But right now paper patterns look like the winner.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

For those of us who live on the metric side of the world,… can anyone confirm whether the digital patterns can be fitted on standard A0 paper (about 34 inches if converted to imperial).

My local print shop can do that for about $5.50 per page, but will charge me a lot more if they have to buy a whole roll of 36″ wide paper.

Thanks,

Shelley (down under)

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Shelley, the large sized sheet is formatted to be exactly 36″ wide. I’m afraid it won’t fit on a 34″ wide sheet.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Thanks for the reply Todd, looks like I’ll stick to paper patterns for sure!

LINK
    rebekahricker @rebekahricker

The shop where I’m trying to have a digital pattern printed needs to know if I want 36″ x 48″ or 36″ x 24″. The way I understood him, the two will print at different scales. Which one do I need to use?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.