Oliver + S

Decreasing height of the skort waistband

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    learningtosew @learningtosew

I’m on my second Badminton Skort. The first one came out beautifully (thanks for the great directions!), but my daughter didn’t like it. Fortunately, she has a cousin who did. My daughter didn’t like the scallops (so I’ve left them off), and she didn’t like how high the waistband was. I want to make it about 3/4″ shorter. My question is — does it matter if I trim the pattern from the top or the bottom? I’m assuming I should trim the front waistband pieces and the back the same amount. How do I figure out the max amount I can trim without messing up the elastic casing? Thanks.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Do you mean the front yoke? This pattern doesn’t really have a waistband in the front. If you’d like to make the front yoke shorter, I’d suggest trimming from the bottom edge and adding the equivalent amount of height to the skirt itself. That way you won’t run into problems with the back elastic. Hope that helps!

LINK
    learningtosew @learningtosew

Thanks for replying, Liesl. Yes, I did mean the front yoke. Should I trim just the front half of the skirt, or all the way around?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, right. I had to go look at the technical drawings–forgot what the back looks like! Yes, do the same thing to the back. Just be careful not to trim too close to the elastic casing placement. Could get bulky there!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.