Oliver + S

clarification needed- adding fullness to Bubble Dress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    heck @heck

Hello, ladies! I’m just about to cut out another Bubble Dress, but I’d like to add some more fullness to the skirt. In a previous thread, Liesl mentioned moving the front skirt pattern piece back from the fabric’s fold about an inch or so, and to do this for the front skirt lining as well. Here’s my question: would I also increase the back skirt & back skirt lining by the same proportion?

Thanks!

Jamie

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If I was adding fullness to the front I would certainly add to the back as well.

Don’t forget to move those notches!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m also looking to empoofen the bubble. Has anybody tried this? How did it work out?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I added an inch to the centre front fold and the back for a baby Bubble dress, it was a lovely poofi-ness.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Thank you my hero!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My absolute pleasure, can’t wait to see what you do!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I really, really wish you lived closer and could touch this fabric. Photos don’t do it justice as it’s a plain black silk, no patterning or funky texture, but *gosh* it’s nice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.