Oliver + S

Change in Instagram terms of service

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hi gals (and guys?) — I know lots of folks are big Instagram users and thought this note from a techie friend of mine might interest you:

Sarvi: thus saieth the New York Times:

The photo-sharing site Instagram announced new terms of service for its users as part of its integration within Facebook, which acquired the company in April. The new terms, Jenna Wortham and Nick Bilton write, give Facebook great latitude in using pictures that are shared through the service starting Jan. 16, when they go into effect. They provide a list of the changes, which include: “Instagram can share information about its users with Facebook, its parent company, as well as outside affiliates and advertisers,” and “Ads may not be labeled as ads.” And a final term: “The only way to opt out of the new Instagram terms is to not use the service.”

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Thanks for this Sarvi – I was contemplating setting up an instagram account, but think I’ll change my mind….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.