Oliver + S

Center Front Dot – View A ??

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

I’ve just finished cutting out the jump rope dress. I see in the directions that after I sew on the front placket pieces, I’ll cut down the middle of the dress to the center front dot. I don’t see any center front dot on the pattern?? I suppose I can wing it from the pictures but I must be missing something. I’m hoping to start sewing this together tomorrow. Help??

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Hi – from memory isn’t the centre front dot on the placket markings that you originally transferred – they weren’t on the pattern piece itself but off by themselves… I made one of the smaller size ranges and there was nothing missing…

LINK
    Anonymous @

I haven’t transferred the markings from the plackets yet – I have absolutely no clue about how to line them up, but there I see nothing on those pieces that could make a center dot for the dress front. I think I’m completely lost. Shoot – I really wanted to sew this dress today.

LINK
    Anonymous @

oh oh oh!!! I found it!!! I see what you mean about them being off by themselves. Ok – now I think I can sew today! Thank you so much πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

LINK
    Anonymous @

yippee!! I finished the dress – it is SOOOOoooo darling.

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

yay! I’m glad that helped – I was too lazy to dig out the pattern so I was dredging my memory but I do remember thinking to myself when I made this dress “oooh these placket markings are floating off by themselves – very tricky I better not forget them!”

LINK
    eeloh @eeloh

Wow… I’ve just finished the placket. What an adventure! This is the first placket of this type that I’ve made. Thanks Liesl for wonderful instructions. I had no idea what the hell I was doing for a while but I knew I could trust in them.

LINK
    Anonymous @

he he he – I’m glad you finished it – it’s really pretty fun with Liesl’s instructions, huh?

LINK
    ozsew @ozsew

Have just discovered Oliver + s patterns have made the Birthday Party dress twice and the pleated skirt and blouse also. I have found the second time around they go together really well and appreciate the forums that help with “hem facings” etc. I am about to embark on the Jump Rope dress. Any suggestions or tips before I start?

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

As you’ll see from this thread it is easy to forget to transfer the placket markings onto the dress front as they are separately placed on the pattern paper!

LINK
    Anonymous @

My tip is to follow Liesl’s tips to mark the stitching line on the collar and hand baste the collar to the dress before you sew it. These two tips will give you a perfect collar without stress! πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.