Oliver + S

Carousel Dress Neckline

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Tawn Deavers @Dboog

I am almost finished sewing the Carousel dress for my one year old granddaughter, but I have a question concerning the neckline. In step 2, the instructions say “with the right side of the binding facing the wrong side of the dress, pin…..”, but if you look at the illustration, it shows the wrong side of the binding facing the right side of the dress. Am I reading the instructions correct or am I looking at the illustration incorrectly? Thank you for your help.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

I believe the illustration is incorrect – if you follow the text instructions, the method described is her preferred method for attaching bias binding. The illustration should show the wrong side of the fabric instead of the right side. I was just following that same step a few hours ago and used the text for guidance instead of the picture.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

There is an errata notice for that pattern that might address this issue:

Errata
    In the first printing of this pattern there was a minor error in the instructions. In the second column on page 4, the bottom two illustrations have the fabric right side-fabric wrong side shading reversed. Where you see the fabric right side illustrated, substitute fabric wrong side and vice versa.

Does that explain this, or are you having difficulty in another step?

LINK
    Tawn Deavers @Dboog

Thank you, both, for your response. I really do appreciate the clarification. I will follow the text instructions. Anxious to get this cute little dress completed. Again, thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.