Oliver + S

Bubble or Tea Party for 18 month old?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    cheriev @cheriev

My Sister-in-law would like me to make a Bubble or Tea Party Dress for her 18 month old daughter. I haven’t made either dress and currently don’t have either pattern. Any suggestions on which pattern I should buy?

She likes Lecien’s Happy Mochi Yum Yum Fiji Pink flower or Cherry Confetti fabric.

Thanks!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Either one would be perfectly lovely. The Bubble is fully lined, and to my mind, a little dressier. The Tea Party either has gone out of print or is about to, I think? I think the Tea Party can be a little more versatile, looking dressier in fine fabrics and more casual in fun fabrics. Also, it has a View B playsuit which is pretty darling for girls or boys. Based on your description, I’d go for the Tea Party, but really, either one would work very well. Maybe have a look in the flickr photostream and see if one or the other really catches your eye.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I was going to suggest the flickr pool as well. There are loads of inspirational pictures there that might be able to help. Also, something to consider, depending on your sewing skills, these patterns are of different ratings. The Tea Party is one scissor and the Bubble Dress is two. That said, Liesl does a fantastic job guiding you through the construction so I don’t think you’ll have a problem with either. Let us know and post a picture!

LINK
    Willanna @Willanna

I’ve made both and while I love both patterns, I will say that my daughter (2 years old) has gotten the most wear out of the tea party dress. We tend to save the bubble dress for church or a special occasion, but the Tea Party dress works for play time or a school day–at least in my opinion.

I think both patterns are fantastic, though, and I think they are both going out of print–so you might want to snag both!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.