Site icon Oliver + S

Boy wedding attire

Hello ladies, I need some design help. We are attending and participating in a family wedding in sept in oregon. My three boys will be standing up along with their cousins (whose parents are the bride and groom). The bride left dressing them up to me and does not want to be involved with micromanaging attire (didn't want you to think I didn't ask her!) SO I picked things I thought would be dressy enough for the wedding, formal family portraits to follow and could also be worn to church at x-mas. The big boys (8 and 6) will have gray pinstripe tropical weight wool pants and vests (already cut out- ottobre patterns) and I am working on sketchbook dress shirts from the radiance cotton silk poplin in deep shades of turq, forest green and aqua (one color for each boy) Now that they are on the hangers I am worried they look like slightly sleezy silk dress shirts typically worn with a big gold chain around ones neck which was the exact opposite effect as I was going for...eeeek! Anyone have any ideas on which kind of buttons might lessen the effect?

Hoping they look better with vests on top....on to my real question.....My youngest boy is 3.5 and petite so I was going to make the tea party playsuit in the gray wool and put a sketchbook shirt underneath (long sleeves) in the aqua color, I would trim the playsuit bodice with the aqua and he has a hand knit cardigan in the same aqua to wear as well...along with gray knee socks and black dress shoes. Is it way off to put him in shorts for a kind of vintage look? Let me know if I am, way off base, I don't have his cut out yet and I have plenty of fabric to make him anything! Thanks for the help- Katja

Exit mobile version