Oliver + S

Boston-Are You Okay?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am watching the early morning news,horrified.

How terrifying for you.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Just heard — thought of Jeanne — Bostonians please be safe!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Its so ugly what humans can do to each other when they could all be celebrating a community event! Thinking of you all!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I just got word from Jeanne that she and the family are ok. What a relief! And what a heartbreak today is for the many, many people people affected by this tragedy.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

So glad to hear that she and her family are safe. Hoping that those injured return quickly to health, and that all the parents out there figure out a way to explain this to their kids. Selfishly, I’m glad my kid is so little that such things still pass over her head.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

After the Sandy Hook shootings the administrators at my daughter’s school decided that to protect the children it is a good idea to lock all the doors and prohibit the children from walking in the halls alone. The classroom doors are all locked so that a child has to knock to get in and they can’t go out. The restrooms are in the hall so the children have to be excused in a group with teacher supervision. Yesterday my daughter forgot her sweater in the gym and wasn’t allowed to go get it.

I wonder what the ramifications of the bombing will be on our daily lives and what freedoms we will have to sacrifice as a result. I worry about that and about the safety of my oldest daughter who lives in Brooklyn and travels to cities all over the world. I live in a rural area so I feel relatively safe from terrorism.

I haven’t told my youngest daughter about the bombing and I didn’t tell her about the shootings, either. I don’t know how to handle it with her. I don’t want her to be afraid of violence that is beyond our control.

LINK
    nightknitter @nightknitter

Thank you for everyone’s messages and thoughts. We are safe. We had just returned from the marathon when the first explosion went off. We are all shaken and saddened that this could happen so close to our home. I have been astounded by the outpouring of love and support. Thank you! –Jeanne

LINK
    nightknitter @nightknitter

BTW, if you have any runners who are still in Boston and need assistance, we live about 5 miles from the finish line and are happy to help in any way we can.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

So generous of you, Jeanne. We’re all thinking of you and sending love!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

So thoughtful, thank you Jeanne. Listening to the news reports, you have got to admire the tenacity and determination of the folks in Boston. Strong folks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.