Oliver + S

Bloomers for cloth nappies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I am wondering how many sizes I need to go up to get the bloomers to fit over modern cloth nappies (MCN). A friend who is having a baby mentioned how much she likes the ruffle nappy (diaper) covers so I wanted make her some that will fit at the 9m to 18m mark, I figure she’ll get lots of stuff for the very small sizes, but not sure how big they need to be.

Has anyone got experience with these or the seashore ones over MCN’s?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Heidi I used these over all-in-one style nappies for my daughter at about the 12 month mark. The same ones now fit fine as generous undies at almost three years.

I’ve just put her to bed where the patterns are, so can’t check the size… I wonder if there are any clues in the tutorial I wrote for the Oliver + S blog.

From memory I barely sized up at all. Maybe the 18-24 month size for 1 year old…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I used cloth nappies that I fold myself. I had to size up a lot. But I am not sure if that is the same as MCN’s….

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Yep, I could see it in one of the blog pictures where I’d labelled the pattern pieces. I did 18-24 months. Check out the blog for a picture of how they fit. She must have been 22 months old as I don’t think that’s a photo of a 10 month old! How time flies.

Answer: don’t size up at all?

for reference, I used Bum Genius pocket nappies

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks Lightning and Nicole for the prompt responses. I think I might make start at 6-12m and maybe go up to 2T.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

If you look at the pattern pieces for the bloomers, the pieces are quite wide. They look large enough to fit some adult bottoms. So yes, plenty of of room for cloth nappies.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

It’s easy to alter patterns for a cloth diapered bum– the rise is really the issue. Sew Liberated has a good, quick tutorial:

http://sewliberated.typepad.com/sew_liberated/2010/05/quick-change-trousers-for-the-clothdiapered-bum.html

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is true!

Many of the vintage pattern bloomers are so low too. I like the nappy to be completely covered. Little girls are not to fussed about modesty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.