Oliver + S

Blank digital order :(

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    ehill @ehill

Hi there, today I have purchased the lovely School Photo pattern to make for my little girl (im in a hurry to make it) and when I tried to download it, the PDF is completely blank 🙁 it has 40 something pages but they are all just blank grey. Im really upset and need to get this done asap. No one has answered my emails and the pattern has been paid for and I have the confirmation email. Anyone else had this problem?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I’m afraid I haven’t seen that before, but I’ve sent an additional email as well. Here are a few tips, maybe one of these will work?

http://libanswers.brunel.ac.uk/faq/13724

LINK
    ehill @ehill

Thank you so much, I have just tried it one more time and it was the same, however I saved the blank version and then opened up adobe and then opened the pattern from my saved file and it seems to be fine now 🙂 YAY, that will be one happy daughter for me!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yay, so glad it worked out! It’s really lovely to buy from a small company where you have direct access to the designer, but I suppose on a Saturday morning it’s only fair for the designer to take a few hours off 🙂 I’ve just traced off a pattern too so we’ll both be stitching happily away today!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hurrah for Sarvi!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I often find that Mac’s Preview can’t handle PDFs the way I’d like. If you have a Mac, I would recommend switching your preferences so everything opens up in Adobe.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

The last point is a good one. The way all Apple products (computers, iPhones, iPads) handle PDFs is really bad. Sometimes the Apple PDF reader refuses to draw the pages correctly, and a lot of the time if you print from the Apple-developed PDF viewer, your document won’t print exactly to scale. (I can’t tell you how many emails I’ve answered from people who are printing from a Mac and get a test square that’s 7/8 inch instead of an exact 1 inch!)

For that reason we always recommend viewing and printing our PDFs with Adobe Reader.

Trust me. It’s a near 100% certainty that if you have problems viewing or printing a PDF that you’ve downloaded it’s caused by something with your computer or printer, not with the file itself.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah, good point. Mac’s Preview (at least on the machine in my office) won’t talk to my printer at all. And for who knows what reason, I haven’t updated Reader. I actually bring over a second laptop and set it down on the first one and print from there! Luckily I’m usually alone in the office so I don’t get too many laughs. But as you point out, the file is the same file for everyone, so if it works for one person, the best bet for somebody who’s having trouble is to tinker with their settings. Great tip about using Reader!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.