Oliver + S

Belt or bow?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Sondra @SondraB

I want to add a bow to the front of the every day skirt on the waistband. It would not be adjustable like a belt but just attached to the waistband for embellishment. Has anyone done this or has anyone seen a tutorial they can recommend? I have seen this style in stores and thought it would look great with the Every Day skirt pattern and a tucked in tee.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen this, perhaps not for the Everyday Skirt, but I can’t recall where. If I remember, I’ll pop up a link for you. How about using this:

felt bows: a free pattern and tutorial

I think if you wanted it to be from fabric, you could add a seam allowance (maybe 1/4″) cut two and interface one, stitch and turn. Then just stitch to the waistband. I’m sure there are other ways of doing it too. Or you could make a felt one and stitch a snap to the back, so you could remove it for washing the skirt.

Post a photo if you make it!

LINK
    Sondra @SondraB

Thanks! I looked on Pinterest and found something …two long sashes, one on each side seam of waistband, then tied to form a bow. While the felt tutorial is more along the lines of what I wanted, I got to wondering how well it would dry and iron for wearing. I am thinking of making the sashes same width as waistband but tapering larger as they go from waistband to edge of sash- to give the bow more heft. I am going to make the skirt in corduroy I think and that will also give more weight and stiffness to bow.Does that make sense? Yes, I will post a pic once I am done. I like to look at expensive items I see in the store or catalogue and then see how I can make it myself. Thanks for the tip.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.