Oliver + S

Badminton top – too wide on narrow shoulders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    rimoxie @rimoxie

I made size 4 for my daughter, and the body seems to fit ok, but the little shoulders/ruffles are slipping off her shoulders. I don’t know if she has narrow shoulders or if I should have sized down for her. Any recommendations on how to fix this? While I dread having to take apart that yoke and all the fiddly pieces, maybe I could take out an inch from the center back, to pull the shoulders closer together?

thanks!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I had the opposite problem, I went down a size and lengthened, and it wouldn’t fit over her head. I ended up cutting a whole new yoke, but it was much faster to sew up the second time around…

So, if you do size down, make sure it will still go over her head!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How disappointing for you.

My girls are tiny so I tend to draft to their chest width and add length. However, that is an excellent point regarding the head circumference. Most of the things I sew have buttons.

Would basting a tuck centre back and then flattening the tuck and and hand sewing it down work? Then when your little one grows she could wear it as a crop top or layered over a singlet top.

You could just let out your stitching later.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Can you put a piece of elastic in the back to bring it in? maybe unpick a little stitching on the back yoke and add very narrow elastic to yoke?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.