Oliver + S

Anyone up for a sewing challenge?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I’m very excited about the upcoming fall patterns but can’t help but be reminded of the ones that I’ve bought but have yet to try. I’m making a point of cracking them open over the next couple of weeks and thought it would be a fun challenge for anyone else who has either pattern hording or sewing time management issues. I can’t be alone here, right?

I think I might finally try the School Photo dress and the Apple Picking dress, and if all goes well a 2+2 skirt that I keep putting off but would be very nice for fall. Anyone else up for it?

Wendy

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Absolutely!

I need to make the Tea Party romper and the Badminton dress,top and skirt.

Then I am up to date.

Count me in.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Count me in too!

I have finally got around to the sleepover pj’s this week, which came out last fall.

Next I have two 2+2 skirts to make and then the afterchool outfit for my daughter. i made a boy after school outfit for my son but never Sarah whom the pattern was bought for.

This will be fun!

~Sharon~

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Wow – patterns I own but haven’t used….school days jacket, apple picking, play date, after school top & pants, tea party sun dress…..YIKES! I’d better join in too!

Wendy – you need to come up with a cool challenge name though – maybe “Pattern Hoarders 12-Step Program” – or “Pimp My Patterns”…..

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Wendy’s Work With What You’ve Got challenge?

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Sew It While It Fits!

This is very motivating. I’ve started making little piles of fabric and patterns, very organized like.

Good lord, I’d forgotten about the playdate dress! ANd the after School top! The coat will wait until after I get a walking foot, but I’ve had the wool set aside for nearly a year. Phew! Off the hook on that one for now! 🙂

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Getting set up! Just have to finish a little outfit for my nephew and then I’m all over it…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wendyls1/7828024268/in/photostream

LINK
    dianelyons @dianelyons

Just reading all of these posts makes me feel much better! I’m in such good company. I have a whole stack of unused patterns too. The ones I want to challenge myself to make this fall include the Sunday Brunch jacket and skirt and the Apple Picking dress. I’m in!!!

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

Fun idea! I still haven’t ever sewn the 2+2 skirt (and it was my first O+S pattern!). I need to sew up some Sandbox and After School pants for the first time, and a Sailboat shirt. 🙂

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve got quite a few I haven’t used, Family Reunion, School Photo, Nature walk, Hopscotch, Sunday Brunch. OK, I’ll try School Photo size 5 and 7, Family Reunion size 18-24m or 2T, Hopscotch ss dress dress size 10, Sunday Brunch either 2Tor 3T, and Nature Walk size 8. Should keep me sewing for a while :). It would be great to have a sew along for each of the different O+S patterns, like A Little Gray did for some of the LTTS patterns, But with 31 avaliable patterns (not to mention the new ones coming!) that could take a while even at one a month!

LINK
    etc3 @etc3

Oh I’ve just done this http://www.flickr.com/photos/53315669@N07/7772129654/in/photostream It feels sooooo good to get it done. Now I can buy the new ones without feeling even the tiniest bit of guilt!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’d love to join in although I’m afraid I may be dragging behind a bit – mountains of halfmade projects that just have to be sewn and very very time challenged at the moment. Can I tag along at the end??? Sound like so much fun.

Does it count if you are halfway through sewing a new pattern already?? If so count me in!

OH with love Heidi you have returned!!! Hope you had a great stay in W.A.

Tamara

LINK
    mrskanuckles @mrskanuckles

I am in. Sailboat pants size 2t, apple picking dress size 6

— These are great for thinking ahead for winter sewing — school photo dress size 6 or 10 (not sure depends on fabric) Afterschool pants size 6. Jump Rope Dress size 6 (long sleeve)

Wow. Unfortunately only one of these are pdf format, so I have to trace the rest. Le Sigh.

LINK
    emstone @emstone

I think this is a great idea! Here is my list:

Bedtime Story PJ’s, Sailboat Skirt and Pants, Family Reunion Top, Sunday Brunch Jacket and Skirt, Apple Picking Dress, Tea Party Dress and 2+2 Top and Skirt.

I have a few more that I have not used yet but these are ones that I want to make for the girls this fall/winter. I have fabric picked for most of these except the Apple Picking Dress and Tea Party. I was thinking a thin wale cord for the tea party to use as a jumper. Anybody have any luck with that thick of a fabric?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Oh how timely! I’m in, sounds like fun.

I was just looking at my pile of cut out things to sew, my pile of fabrics-with-a-purpose, yet I’m still imagining making something I don’t even have the pattern for yet!

In my cut out pile is a few never yet made patterns: A Music Box Jumper view A, a 2+2 skirt, a Croquet Dress and a Family Reunion Dress (I have made the tunic length before)

Yet my really exciting plan is some white polyester, some stars and stripes fabric, a (yet to be purchased) Nature Walk pattern (with a bit of converting) and my little fella will become Evel Knievel!

Let’s see if I can keep up!

( did I miss something or was there no exact “due date” to have your work done by. I like an open ended challenge!)

Shelley.

P.S. Emstone I’ve made a couple of TeaParty dresses in fine corduroy and I think it works beautifully!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.