Site icon Oliver + S

Alterations advice

So I made this Kristoff costume:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50842074@N08/15322249280/in/photostream

as a sort of a favour / commission but when I finished it, the person who asked me to make it told me it wasn't close enough to the original for her needs. Blech. Anyway, she hasn't come to pick it up nor has she paid me for it. At this point, I'm pretty sure I wont hear from her again.

My six year old is dressing up as Olaf and really wanted to go trick or treating with Kristoff. But because of the time I spent on this plus the difficulty I had with the fake fur, I haven't made the costume for my husband. I'm feeling extremely guilty. All that to say that I would like to alter the already finished costume to fit my husband if I can figure out a way of doing it without cutting into the fur!

As he's about 40lbs heavier and 5 inches taller, he needs:

- more length

- more space across the back/shoulders

- if possible more space through the middle

I was thinking of slicing the body and integrating the red sash into it, which would give me the length he'd need but does anyone have any ideas about how to add to the back? . . . bearing in mind that I don't have much time (and have no desire to deal with the fur again, I just have to say that one more time!!)

Exit mobile version