Oliver + S

Adjusting the bust

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

Just wondering if I can adjust the bust for larger than a D cup? I’m still BF and the girls are pretty big. 🙁

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes sure you can! You should be able to enlarge the bust area in any pattern. Do you know how to do a full bust adjustment? I haven’t made this tunic yet but do plan to. I do know that lots of the ladies on here who have made it needed to do an fba.

I wish I could guide you through this particular pattern but I haven’t made it myself yet.

Maybe we need a sew along?

I am sure some of the ladies who have made this pattern will be along shortly to assist you.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I haven’t made the tunic but this is my go to tutorial for a full bust adjustment (FBA). http://sew-la-fabric.blogspot.com.au/2010/04/full-bust-adjustment-aka-fba.html

In step five she explains how to work out how much to add for your cup size.

Here’s another one working on a different type of seam. http://buzzybeesworld.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/ruby-slip-4-full-bust-adjustment.html

I would love to hear how you go with it and how it looks as I would need to do a large FBA but somehow make sure there was still shaping at the waist!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi There!

I’m a 38F and did a FBA on the late lunch tunic. Follow the directions in the pattern. They are brilliant. It does not add width to the bottom of the yoke. Go slow, it will work, even you think it might not. My FBA was 1 1/4″. There are instructions on how to figure out how much to add.

Are you up for making a muslin? I found that I really needed to add length, even with the FBA.

And, you might not need an FBA, you might just need length. It’s a pretty forgiving pattern with lots of ease.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Seconding Robin’s advice – I had to add two full inches of length to the bodice even after the FBA!

LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

Thank you everyone. I’ll give it a go and come back and report.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Great advice ladies, thank you!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sophie, how did you go?

I am about to draft this pattern and my high bust is 36′, which is an 8. I wear a DD so I will be doing a FBA. My fabric is a very stretchy wool/modal and I plan to add some length and width to the front panel to accommodate my baby belly.

Should I cut the 10?

Thank you!

Edited to add, I went with the 8, wish me luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.