Oliver + S

6-12 months Sleep over pj's pocket placement?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I just cut out 4 of the sleep over pj’s in the 6-12 month size (well 13 total in different sizes) and was making 3 of these at one time. I sewn on all the pockets then went to hem them but the pockets were below the hem stitching line. I fix it for these three by changing the hem by pressing it under a 1/2″ then a 1/2″ in stead of the inch. I then had to rework the button placket too.

I was wondering if the pocket placement on the pattern is too low or did I do something wrong? Did any one else have this problem? I want to figure this out before starting on the fourth pair for the baby.

Thanks for any advice!

~Sharon~

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Sorry, I haven’t made this size. Did you check the pattern sheet?

LINK

Yes i did. I traced it the right way. I finished the first three with some changes to finsh the top to look good but on the forth I plan on moving the pocket up a 1/2 so I don’t have to change how to finish the top up. Thanks though.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Wish I had a more helpful comment! Just didn’t want to leave your thread open with no replies, when that happens to me I wonder whether anybody has seen it.

LINK

Thanks Sarvi, I did figure out for that the pocket is a 1/2″ to low. On the pair of pj’s I am working on I moved the pocket up just an 1/2″ and had no problems with the hem or facings. Problem solved!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think that just may happen sometimes with a multi size pattern.

I have just made Matilda and Lidia Croquet dresses and the sleeve calls for an inch hem. This simply was not possible on the size 18-24 month,and I suspect the smaller sizes,as the sleeve is so weeny.

I am pleased you fiddled it out.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ok, wow! Thanks for pointing out that pocket problem. We’ll issue an errata on the two smallest sizes today. I don’t know how we missed that–I remember being concerned about that possibility. The size 6-12 m pocket should be moved up 1/2″, and the size 12-18 m should be moved up 1/4″ to leave room for the hem. The other sizes are ok.

With regard to the Croquet Dress sleeve, however, you might want to check to be sure you’re cutting on the correct line for that size. We left the sleeves quite long so that wouldn’t be a problem, and when I went back to check just now I could see that there is plenty of room for a hem. Might you have cut on the size 4 line instead? It’s the shortest line for the pattern because of the way we staggered the pieces.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is a definite possibility,I am usually pretty fussy and hi-light the correct size before drafting but I will double check that one and I mentioned it in a blog post so I will edit that.

I am sorry about that.

~Nicole~

LINK

Thanks Liesl! All the pj’s did come out cute it just took a bit of work. I really enjoyed making these.

~Sharon~

LINK
    ndeporto @ndeporto

Hi guys thanks for bringing this up I thought I was crazy when I made some 12-18 month last december and thought that the placement was low. Quick question I have many Oliver and S patterns that I haven’t put a dent in. When I get to them where does Liesl issue the erratas so we can look them up. I searched the website and didn’t find them. I know the attention to detail leaves few but still I’d like to check before I start a project.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Whenever an error in a pattern is discovered, we report it on the page for that patten in the Shop section of the website. Find the pattern you’re interested in checking there. If there is an error in the pattern, there will be a green tab at the bottom labeled “errata” with the correction. If you don’t see that tab, no issues have been found with the pattern to date.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.