Oliver + S

Zipper (or other closure) for the quilted vest

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Erin S @ourhandstheyseek

I’m making my second School Days Jacket, including the quilted vest (which I’m making with sleeves so I’ll call it the quilted jacket). I’d like to make the quilted jacket also be able to sometimes be a standalone lighter jacket for non-rainy days, but I’m trying to wrap my head around the cleanest way to add a zipper or some other type of closure to it. I’m not sure of the best way to accommodate the zipper and the bias tape without it looking obviously tacked on. Any ideas for how best to insert a zipper or other closure options? (I’ve made the quilted vest without the coat several times and did toggles on one and a belt on the other, which were fine but I’m not sure about either for this application since I think it’ll get a bit messy with all of the other jacket closures.) Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I remember that style jacket being very popular in the 70’s.They were often fastened with a frog closure.
    Would that work for you?

Or you could finish the edge and then baste an open end zipper under the front edge and then topstitch in place?

I hope that is some help?

~Nicole~

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.