Oliver + S

Which pattern?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Hey all you O and S gurus!

I’m after some suggestions for which pattern to use to achieve a particular look. I have this fabric:
    Friends in wild places
    and I’d like to make a very simple dress along these lines:

I was thinking maybe the Roller Skate dress, or the Family Reunion. Any other suggestions?

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by jay_1965vw.
    LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw
    LINK
    María @mariajsanroman

May be a class picnic blouse lenghtening the bodice…?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

How much fiddling do you want to do, and what is it that you like about the dress? At first glance the Carousel looks like a good bet.

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Good question Sarvi!
    I like that the dress isn’t broken up with lots of seams, and the little cap sleeves.
    I don’t mind doing a bit of fiddling, I could draft it myself from scratch, but I have better things to do with my time!

Carousel and Class Picnic blouse both look possible.

LINK
    Cat75 @Cat75

What about the pinwheel? Just alter the skirt part to not have a ruffle.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I was also thinking pinwheel, with the ruffle 🙂 What about Jumprope view B with matching yellow accents?

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Hmmm, I’m liking the pinwheel without the ruffle idea the best so far. But maybe roller skate… that way I wouldn’t have to do any alterations!
    The fabric has so many vertical lines, I don’t want to break it up any more than I have to.
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

LINK
    chicmamainedh @chicmamainedh

That is beautiful fabric! I think I would try the roller skate dress without the elastic casing. It has a lovely little cap sleeve. I wouldn’t want to cut the pattern too much, or break it up with seaming.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I know it is sleeveless but it is simple, have you thought of the badminton dress at all? Otherwise I would go with the family reunion or the Carousel.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Another vote for the Roller Skate, in fact, I want to sew that one as well. 🙂

LINK
    jay_1965vw @jay_1965vw

Decision made, I’m going roller skate. Decision so final that I bought the digital pattern, and Chris has printed it at work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.