Oliver + S

What size Kam snaps shoud I use?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Dawn R @dpaddy

I just was gifted a Kam Snap press. I will be using them on the shirts and playsuits from the Layette pattern. I have heard that the size 20s are the best overall size but will they work well on the smaller clothing?

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I use the metal snaps, so I am not sure how the size translates to the KAM snaps, but I use size 15 for the layette.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

The placket for the Layette is not very wide, might want to check your snaps against it.

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

I use size 16 in both styles of snaps.

LINK
    Dawn R @dpaddy

Thank you!! I don’t have any snaps or the dies, just the press. I think I will start with the smaller size 16.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I have a KAM snap press and normally use size 20 snaps. However for the back of clothing and the lullaby set I am seriously considering getting the size 16 snaps as well.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I’m planning on using sz 16 snaps, but it would depend on your fabric– the prong on regular Kam sz 16 might not be long enough for a thick or fluffy fabric. You might need to get the long-prong ones.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I used the 16s for the baby outfits. I found the 14s just a little too small and the 20s are better for bigger things.

LINK
    Dawn R @dpaddy

Wish I could use the same die for both size snaps. The snaps are pretty cheap, but I would need a die set for each size. Sigh…so many things I want.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.