Oliver + S

To lengthen or shorten sleeve for 3/4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Hello:

I am making the jumprope. I want to do the tab sleeve, but I want it in a 3/4 option. We simply do not do long sleeves. She’d rather freeze and 3/4 is the longest I can get without a sensory issue.

Anyway, the pattern for the long sleeve narrows as it goes down until a certain point and then about 3 inches before it ends it stops narrowing and straightens out- so you have enough fabric for the hem.

The short sleeve with tab doesn’t do that. You just cut straight across. The short sleeve- the sleeve narrows about 3/8″ over the sleeves 8 inch length.

I want a 3/4 sleeve with tab (so 11 inch final). The sleeve narrows about 3/4 inch over the 11 inches.

So my question is do I just add the 1.5 inches (the cuff amount) from where I want it to end and cut (with a narrowing of about 1 inch in the sleeve), or do I mimic the bottom of the long sleeve and to the 1/5 inches straighten rather than narrow?

Thoughts? Anyone done this before?

Oh an a humorous side note. I had some lovely Liberty 1/2 yd cuts. I gave girlfriend an option for her “contrast” fabric- the sash, sleeve tabs, collar and yoke. She choose one. Looked at the other and said… I like that one very much too. So soft. Can you make me a dress out of that? LOL… good taste girly!- I am making myself a monster! 😉

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Do you have the Libary dress or the school photo Dress or another Oliver and S with 3/4 sleeves?
    I would use the sleeve head of the Jumprope and the 3/4 length from something else and then add the tab.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Ooh I do have the library. I wonder if I have enough Liberty to do the actual libraey sleeve with a liberty cuff! (But keeping jumprope head!!)

Excellent idea.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Here is the bodice. So you can see the sleeve!

Attachments:
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Looking fantastic 🙂

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Thanks for the suggestion! It is a perfect compliment to this dress.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

It’s looking gorgeous, Jenny. Well done you putting in so much effort, and thought. Really looking forward to seeing it on your gorgeous (if demanding) girl.

Hope you are well, and your smiling boy, too.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Thanks! We are good!

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

So pleased!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.