Oliver + S

Tips for making the buttonholes straight

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

Are there any tips to ensure the buttonholes are straight? Maybe I need to mark them more clearly???

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have a few tips here.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73676143876066934/

I find marking the top and bottom of the button well helps.

Who else has some ideas?

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I have an old machine with a 4-step buttonhole function. I just use my regular foot. What works best for me is to mark the top and bottom of each buttonhole with a bit of low-tack masking tape (I’ve used freezer tape, drafting tape, painter’s tape, whatever’s around). A nice long clear acrylic ruler is helpful for getting everything straight.

LINK
    Elizabeth @Ekmcnally

I don’t have any ideas on buttonholes, but for this pattern I found that my daughter never actually unbuttoned the pants. So for her second pair of these I just sewed buttons on through all the layers more as a decorative feature. No buttonholes needed!

LINK
    It's me Sophie @Itsmesophie

Thanks for the tips. I think I was rushing and trying to swat my toddler away so I guess it’s no wonder. I will follow the tips here and do it slowly.

I’m making them in a jersey too which I’ve never done buttonholes for. It’s a gorgeous pattern.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.