Oliver + S

Swingset top fit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I have this pattern and haven’t yet made it. I was thinking of making it up even though the weather has turned and is definitely not strappy top time.

I’m wondering about how the top would go with a bodysuit underneath?

I plan to make the 3-6 month size at the moment with a view of sizing up as she grows.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I just made size 5 for my soon to be 6year old who is crazy skinny. The previous size I made her was a size 3 from 2 years ago…..which was getting a bit hard to put on, but fit once on. The size 5 is a bit room, and she easily could put a top on underneath as it’s a bit roomy (I probably should’ve made a 4….but I really want her to wear this one for awhile. )

I’ll post a pic of how room the 5 is on her when I nab my phone.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Finally. O+S Swingset Top

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jess M..
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made the tiny size for Trixie but she only wore is a few times. It was the getting on that was the problem, it was fine once on but chubby baby arms don’t always bend the way you want them too.
    And my babies are very placid and easy to dress.

I would make the 6-12 month in your position, you have it for next summer as well then. Also, if you don’t get to sew it for a while you will not have drafted in vain.

If it was buttons all the way down the back the smaller size would be fine but when it doubt, size up.

Purely my opinion, you know your baby best.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Well that is an option thanks Nicole and Jess.M. I helps to ask others who’ve trodden the path before.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.