Oliver + S

Summer Nightgown pattern

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I have some cute largish print fabric (dragons!) that DD loves and I want to make a nightgown with it—it’s woven fabric not knit/jersey. Any suggestions?? I’m thinking either swingset or a sleeveless 2+2 lengthened. Any other pattern suggestions?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Badminton dress, pinwheel slip, Rollerskate minus the elastic or if you have the class picnic patterns Cindy did a fantastic tutorial for adding spaghetti straps, http://oliverands.com/community/blog/2014/08/customizing-the-class-picnic-blouse-spaghetti-straps-top.html#more-12176

LINK
    lifeinoz @lifeinoz

I love the badminton (modified). Added more of an a-line skirt and a ruffle at the hem. She loves it too plus it gives me an excuse to use all the character fabrics that I don’t love for her to wear in public!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I love the pinwheel slip for a nightgown. Or a lengthened swingset top.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I think Badminton would make a fantastic nightgown. Though I also have a Kwik Sew pattern that I love for nighties.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

I’ve done Pinwheel, Badminton, and Class Picnic as summer nightgowns. Pinwheel is my favorite, though I recommend adding length.

LINK
    Harmony @Harmony

I’ve lengthened the Popover sundress as a nightgown.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

The popover sundress with straps instead of ties. In fact, that’s how I’d alter the class picnic – use bias to bind the armholes and creat straps all in one. That would be simpler.

I think badminton would be great too, if you have that pattern. But it would also be pretty easy to add cute ruffles to the popover dress.

A super pretty nightgown could be made with the garden party dress minus the waist band. Maybe with ruffles instead of sleeves.

LINK
    Harmony @Harmony

That’s exactly what I did with the armholes.

I tried to link a picture, but Flickr hated me yesterday.

IMAG0666

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

@Harmony Those are so pretty! I will be stealing this idea this summer. Thanks for sharing!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Lovley 🙂

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

All of these are wonderful ideas! Thank you!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.