Oliver + S

Spotted in the wild

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I was looking for a tutorial on drafting a sleeve placket (similar to the shirt front placket on the Jump Rope) and look, it’s City Weekend!

http://off-the-cuff-shirtmaking.blogspot.com/2014/01/tutorial-shirt-sleeve-placket.html

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Ha! Who knew there was still some of it out there! It’s a nice quality, so I can see why a shirtmaker would like it.

Are you going to tackle the two-piece sleeve placket? It does look nice if you have the patience to fiddle with it.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yup, I just tried it, and oddly, the first sleeve came out nicer than the second. I like being able to tuck in a little bit of contrast fabric there in the underlap. The Music Class blouse I’m making is very simple otherwise, no extras, but I did tuck in a slightly contrasting fabric just in that one spot. I don’t think it’ll ever show in the normal course of things, but I’ll know it’s there.

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Thanks for sharing that @Sarvi. I do like those plackets and that is such a cool way to do them. I am looking forward to seeing yours.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I popped some sneaky Liberty into the little girls Music Class school blouse via the placket.
    We know it is there……

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I heart off the cuff tutorials! I’ve done plackets using this one before. They require a bit of precision but are strangely so satisfying! I just do a horizontal fold at the top of the placket instead of a point on my size 4T shirts. Otherwise, it gets quite fiddly.

I can’t wait to see your blouse.

And, I admit I have some city weekend here that I’ve still never found a use for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.