Oliver + S

Sleeveless binding Help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Ok, So I think I want to make this sleeveless. I’ve never done a hidden binding before, and I don’t have enough of the main fabric to cut binding and have it blend with the fabric. I *DO* have pre-made binding that would fit.

Am I making too much out of the process or can I just sew the binding on sort like quilt binding, and just fold the whole edge to the wrong side instead of encasing the edge?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

That’s pretty much what I would do 🙂 But someone else may have a better idea.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

the armhole would work well with bias tape I think? Like the Fairy Tale view B? but not ready-made binding cut on the straight grain. You could alternatively do a facing and cut it out of any fabric.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Mmmmm I’ll need to look at fairy tale and see.

My pre-made binding is on the bias, so I’m good there. I just don’t like the way it looks with the dark navy at the arm holes vs at the neck only. I will play!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Masha did a few of these. I think she bound the arm so the binding was inclosed (all on the inside).

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

That’s exactly Reeni was talking about with Fairy Tale—I made the view with sleeves, so never read the sleeveless view LOL. That worked perfectly! Now I just need to hand stitch it. WOOOT!

I’m really bad at explaining things some days. I probably should’ve uploaded a pic.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.