Oliver + S

Reversible Swing set?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

Has anyone thought about or tried making this pattern reversible? The skirt is fully lined, so it seems like it would be pretty easy. The buttonholes for the drawstring casing would be on both the lining and the skirt so the drawstring could be drawn out either side.
    For the top, would you just have to add another ruffle and sandwich them both between the bodice and the facing? And then the buttons on the back would have to be snaps, right? Any thoughts appreciated! Not sure I’m going to try, it was just an idea…

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I have made the skirt reversible several times. I omit the ties, and leave both elastic casing for a ruffled top. My daughter loves them.

I don’t know why you couldn’t still use buttons for the top. It seems to me that it’d be similar to when I made the bubble dress reversible, but used buttons to coordinate with each side.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by sayiamyou.
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by sayiamyou.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.