Oliver + S

Question about sending private messages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I was just wondering why some messages send and some don’t. I have been attempting to reply to a message for the past five months and well it won’t send! (@robin I haven’t forgotten!) is it because it has a character length? I don’t see anything that states it.

It is a little frustrating. Any advice?

LINK
    Leslie Guglielmetti @lesliegug

Hello Tamara,

i am currently making the shirt from the Sketchbook Shirt and Shorts pattern. I am having a difficult time visualizing how to wrap the shirt around to sew the shoulders. any chance you could help me with that?

Thank you,
    Leslie Guglielmetti

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@todd could you please help? I am trying to send a message privately in reply to one sent to me but it won’t send! I have been making attempts to do this for the past five months! I have successfully replied to other messages sent to me.

So I am wondering, is it length? Or something else?

Thanks in advancd
    Tamara

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

There could be a a couple things here.

The name and the @ tag are not always the same. If I would try to send a message to @Tamara it wouldn’t get through to you because that’s your display name. I would need to address it to @justsewit because that’s your username. Could that be it?

The second thing it could be is something new–so it wouldn’t have been in place five months ago. Since that user registered and sent spam private messages to a number of forum members last week, we have put a new safety mechanism in place. Now you are only able to send private messages to people who you are friends with. This will help ensure that someone doesn’t register and send private messages to people they don’t know. So you’ll need to have an accepted friendship request from the person now before you’ll be able to send a private message.

Do either of those explanations help?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thankyou @todd the latter is the answer. It is such a pity this had to change all for the sake of someone getting kicks out of stupid emails. But it is safety first and that is what matters.

Thanks again!
    Tamara

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

@justsewit, you could always send her a friendship request. Once it is accepted you’ll be able to send a private message.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes, I am waiting patiently for it to be accepted😀 Thankyou😀

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Tamara, could I suggest editing the title of this thread to read “question about sending private messages” or similar as it appears Leslie might have mistaken this for a private conversation between the two of you.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

@sarvi am I able to do that?

Thankyou🙂

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hm, good question! I assumed as the thread starter you’d have an edit button somewhere, but perhaps I have made an ASS of U and ME as the old saying goes.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Not to worry! it’s all good.@sarvi.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

I was able to change the title of the post.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Saved the day thanks @todd

LINK
    Kirstylilian @Kirstylilian

Is it possible to contact Oliver & s directly? I’m not sure if they can help me, but I just got out my paper pattern for the fairy tale dress which I bought years ago, and I only have the second half of the instructions. I’m hoping they may be able to email me the first part perhaps? Or do I need to buy the whole pattern again? Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.