Oliver + S

Printing digital patterns on A4 paper

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • LINK
    susyblu555 @susyblu555

Hi

I live in Auatralia and am having trouble printing out my digital patterns on a4 size paper. They are printing bigger than the paper size. Can anyone help me and advise how I can adjust the settings to fit it on A4 size?

Thanks

LINK
    wenznz @wenznz

Is there a particular pattern you are having trouble with?

If you set your printer to ‘no scaling’ or 100%, they will usually fit just fine on A4 paper. I have only ever had one pattern piece that didn’t quite fit, and had to print it ‘borderless’ to get all the size lines to show.

LINK
    susyblu555 @susyblu555

Hi thanks so much for your quick response! The patterns I have are the tea party sundress and the Sunday brunch jacket and skirt. The printer setup says no scaling and I have now changed it to border less – I am still getting part patterns on a piece of paper – does this mean I have to cut and stick all the pieces together?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Yes,you do have to join them together.

That is pretty standard with PDF’s.

Something like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/8508925824/in/photostream (Not an o+s,blush)

I swop internet time with my son if he puts them together for me.

~Nicole~

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I found Nicole’s hint of using double sided stickey tape to tape them together very helpful.

In the corners the patterns have letters, you match the letters (ie A-A, B-B, etc) and this helps you get them together correctly. it’s also worth checking the page with a pictures of the pattern pieces just as a final check that they are all together correctly. Good luck.

LINK
    susyblu555 @susyblu555

Thx that’s a great idea and thx for the tip about matching the letters too!

LINK

I also bumped another thread on digital patterns you might like to check out. Sometimes we presume that info is really obvious when it’s actually very obsure!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

bumping for someone

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have swopped to glue sticks, far more durable.

LINK
    Bev @Beverley

I have printed your pattern for the bucket hat, however the 2″ square is approx 1″6/8th how do I enlarge to get it to print correctly and does the patterns include 5/8th seam allowance please?

LINK

Are you printing at “no scaling”/100%?

LINK
    Bev @Beverley

What should I be in, I have reprinted now and it is right size, I only need to know now about seam allowance is that incorporated in the pattern and what size please?

LINK

All Oliver and S patterns, unless designed for knits, have a 1/2 ” seam allowance.
    Knit patterns have 1/4″ seam allowances.

LINK
    Bev @Beverley

Thank you Heidi for your quick answers. Is it written anywhere on the pages about the seam allowance and I am silly enough not to see it. Thanks again I can now start to makes the two hats for my twin grandsons.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

The book mentions that the seam allowances are included, I believe. I don’t know whether the free pattern states that they are included, but it tells you what seam allowance to use, and presumably doesn’t tell you to add seam allowances? Sorry, I have made mine from the book rather than the freebie so I’m not closely familiar with it. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.