Oliver + S

Pleather collar and belt? Your thoughts?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

I’m wanting your thoughts on making the collar and belt (view b) from pleather. I’ve purchased a lightweight pleather. For the collar, I’m wondering if I should make it as written in the pattern, or eliminate the 2nd (under) collar and interfacing and have just one layer of collar? One time I made a collar from pleather using all the pieces (for a different pattern) and it turned out really thick. (You can see photos of it here.) I also didn’t like how it lays. But that pleather was somewhat thicker than the new stuff I have now. Also I’m not sure how it would launder if it was just a single layer…
    Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

is the pleather stretchy at all? the best thing probably would be to construct the collar with an undercollar but no interfacing and wash it, then you could see whether it would work. Worst case scenario is that you would make the collar and belt detachable while the rest of the dress goes in the machine.

LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

There is some stretch to the pleather. I tried it, and ended up ripping it off and using regular fabric. It’ll be on the blog Thursday, and I’m so excited to reveal!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.