Oliver + S

pants for boys?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Emily @emilynye

I’ve been lurking for a while and have found so much valuable information on these boards, but now I have a question that doesn’t seem to have been asked yet.

I bought this pattern specifically because the webpage calls it a “Girl’s and boy’s pants and top pattern,” though the printed pattern only says girls’. My (3 yr old) son is tall and skinny while also being incredibly small for his age, so I know that things usually need to be altered for length, though I have never done much other altering. But there’s no way these pants are drafted to accommodate a boy’s need of room in the rise… right? I tried holding the front piece up, and it just seemed way too short. Though as I am writing this, I realize that I did not account for the yoke.

So has anyone made these pants for a boy? Even if you’ve made them for a girl, do you think there’s enough room? I’d prefer not to make a muslin when the whole pattern won’t work.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

@Emily without talking about your son’s “down there” bits I can’t imagine a 3 year old boy needs any different crotch rise from a girl of the same age!
    I made some here; https://www.flickr.com/photos/79480359@N03/8668350104/in/dateposted-public/ for my son when he was 4. No adjustments and they fit very well.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I’ve made these for my boys – they make great boy pants. The rise is not an issue:

After School pants - KCW Days 1&2

LINK
    Emily @emilynye

Thanks so much for sharing! It must have been my forgetting the yoke part that made me so hesitant. I will hold it up to him again tomorrow and account for the yoke this time… I know he’s excited to have some pants that fit without looking like waders!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

And here are the ones Peta made and that I totally copied being modeled:

Great for a big boy too

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Justine J.
    LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

I have made these many times for my boy, they are a favorite of his! http://sewingforfour.blogspot.com/search/label/after%20school

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.