Oliver + S

Need thin piping cord. Where to buy?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

I’ve been looking for some time for very thin cord to use for piping on baby clothes. Any suggestions? I would prefer something that doesn’t shrink, but if cotton is all I can find, I’ll pre-shrink it. I’m about to buy some cotton yarn to use, though it is a bit too soft for the use. Many thanks.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

You could use yarn for thin piping cord. Or make flat piping. Otherwise, I think Joann should have a few sizes.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Have you tried farmhouse fabrics?

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

I make my own piping, using Cro-sheen and cotton fabric (pre-washed). This makes a finer piping than the piping available at my local fabric store here in Canada.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I make my own using (smooth, not tweedy) kitchen twine, as that’s what I happened to have on hand when I first tried it, and I liked it so much I kept using it. I cut my bias to 1.25 inches and then I can line up the raw edge of the bias with the raw edge of the fabric and use a 1/2 in seam as normal. Works very nicely.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hardware stores are good
    Too

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

I have used blind cord before and that works well. I had some on hand from making roman blinds and it was just the right size.

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

Wow! Thank you, all! That’s exactly what I needed to know. Lots of ideas and options now!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.