Oliver + S

Monochrome Project- B&W

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

So this morphed from another thread… we are thinking about doing a sew along… 2 rules… an O +S pattern and black and white.

It could be anything …formal… casual… snappy casual… pjs…holiday.

Black and white could be fun.

Dates:

Post a pick of your B&W O&S outfit in Flickr by 10/5. This will give us who are exceedingly busy the month of September to plan and execute. For those of us in the Northern Hemisphere it is a busy time with the start of school. Down Under, will it be the start of “summer” vacation?

Any takers besides me? I plan on a carousel dress…. 🙂

Any other suggestions or rules or times?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Pinstripe black Art Museum Vest to match the Secret Agent Trench Coat I made last month 🙂
    I was just thinking the Hula Hoop Skirt would be perfect 🙂

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I’m in, though I have no idea what i’m going to sew yet! I’ve given myself the extra rule that I have to use fabric i’ve already got.

I’m off to browse pintrest for inspiration…

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Not quite summer vacation time, just a mid semester break.

I’m in too but as yet undecided – I think I shall be mysterious! Yah! Likely story! It is still to be decided upon.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Thanks @cybele727 I was thinking it needed it’s own thread.
    I’ll have a blog post up soonish for son inspiration and with my (first) monochrome creation.
    If you use Flickr tags or instagram then tag with #oliverandsmonochrome then we might have a round up of projects at the end.
    I found some great pics on pinterest and started a board.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I figure some grey scale will be ok too. Because most prints on black often have grey scale, but that fits with the monochromatic theme.

I actually ordered my fabric already. (Raise your hand if you’ve got multiple projects lined up….) I have a jumprope to finish, a garden party and 3 hopscotch dresses on deck. I will likely have enough for bicycle shorts in matching fabrics. I just need a pattern. Playtime leggings?

Anyways, my fabric is on its way. I owned no black or white!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

And yes, definitely tag it. It would be a great round up, I hope.

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

Oooh this could be quite fun! Normally my girls wouldn’t wear outfits that were entirely black and white monochrome. I love bold, warm colours too much. But I do have some trousers in a fun monochrome print that are too loose on me now and could be re-purposed for something for one of them. It will be sad to part with them but since they only fit for the first 20 minutes out of the drier it is time to move on… I’ve just made miss almost four black and almost black playtime leggings so I’m half way there already. I’m thinking a hide and seek tunic from my up-cycled trousers maybe…

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Fab news about the pintrest board, please can you post a link so we can all find it?

@ann-maree
    I did think when you posted the pic of the leggings that you were a step ahead!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Could you classify silver as part of the spectrum? Do you think it would pass as a sparkly grey?

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Personally, I love grey so much I consider it a “colour above all others”. But it’s not really, is it. Certainly fits on the monochrome spectrum. After all a black and white image is really variations of grey! I stuck with black and white only for my blog post, but only because i could lose myself in the greys badly!
    Here’s my Pinterest board link: https://www.pinterest.com/lightningmcstit/black-and-white/

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh I was eyeing a Michael Miller black fabric with silver dots. So absolutely. It is totally sparkly grey!

LINK
    EllenMCM @EllenMCM

I’m not sewing anything this month because I’m lesson planning, but I’m wicked excited to see everyone’s pictures!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by EllenMCM.
    LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

@dubhels2003 Yes, I was quite happy to accidentally be one step ahead!

I had decided that I would try and stick to using fabrics already in my stash, but… I discovered a beautiful monochrome print at The Fabric Store today…

I didn’t let myself take it to the counter straight away and instead went in search of what I actually went to the store for. I’ve got plenty to sew from my stash anyway so I don’t need it. I always finish up at the remnant baskets and what do you think I found in there? 🙂

My remnant basket find

It doesn’t count as buying new fabric if you buy it at a discount from the remnant basket. 😉

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Its cute fabric. Do you have ideas as to how you are going to use it?

I am in the process of making a white class picnic blouse that believe it or not was cut and started before the challenge was mentioned. I am tossing up what to team it with.

May I ask if we can (at some stage) do the same challenge but for the big people too? We could use the Liesl and co/ Lisette patterns.

@cybele727
    that fabric is an “I have to have it” variety!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.