Oliver + S

Making a sleeveless gallery tunic

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    thesimpson5 @thesimpson5

I’d like to make my next Gallery tunic a sleeveless version. The last time I left the sleeves off of a shirt pattern (not a Liesl + Co), it ended up being too tight in the underarm area. Any tips to avoid this? Maybe it was just that pattern, but thought I’d ask here to see what you all had to say! Thanks 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Typically a sleeveless pattern has a much higher armhole than a pattern with sleeves, so you’ll want to raise the armhole when you try this. You’ll probably also need to do a little work to eliminate gaping at the armhole, so I’d definitely recommend making a muslin if you’re going to try this. But if the pattern fits properly across the chest you should be fine. It’s all about getting the right fit through the bust and shoulders. Do a full bust adjustment if necessary and watch the size of the dart so you don’t get any gaps at the armhole. Good luck!

LINK
    thesimpson5 @thesimpson5

Thanks, Liesl! I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sorry to but in…. I was watching a movie last night ( The General’s Daughter) and the main actress (Madeline Stow)? was wearing a lovely sleeveless blouse which had an armhole facing, stitched down.
    I thought of your question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.