Oliver + S

Lace trim

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I love the lace, on the pink pajamas on Flickr, by Marlene. I would like to try this and I’m curious if the lace will curl up when it is washed? If so would I hand stitch the outside edge of the lace?

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Good morning, kmac0107. I used a narrow zigzag in thread matching the lace (didn’t change the bobbin colour) to hold the outer edge down. I was concerned that the lace would curl up and need ironing which doesn’t always happen in busy households, especially with pjs! I also washed and ironed the lace before sewing it on.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Clever!

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you for sharing with me how to sew the lace on. I’m sewing four pair of Christmas pajamas for my grandchildren for the Polar Express train ride this weekend. I wanted to make the girls a little more feminine without using the ruffle. I thought the ruffle included in the pattern might be too much around the neck for the two babies. I went to Joann’s but they didn’t have any cotton lace in the width I needed. They had polyester and I did get some but I just don’t like the look of it. Next time I will search online for just the right lace.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Kym, I have a lot of cotton lace, I can send you some for future projects.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you, you’re so kind. If there’s anything you need in the states please let me know.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am happy to share, I was given the contents of a drapery section of a small country shop. It posts very cheaply.
    Let me know what you are after and I will see what I have.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I wish we lived closer to each other. I’m looking for 5/8″ cotton in white.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I will have a look in the morning, I am sure I have some.
    I would love to have you round for a pot of tea and we could both have a play.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.