Oliver + S

Jump Rope Dress Placket

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Frances Suzanne @Frances Suzanne

We are finally getting around to sewing this lovely pattern and were wondering the ease of getting it over a child’s head. Should we lengthen the placket slightly (without altering the integrity of the pattern) if our niece is traumatized when pulling ‘tight’ things over her head? IF this would be helpful, has anyone attempted it and what steps would make the process as smooth as possible?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The size will determine my answer @frances-suzanne
    Up to size 2T, yes. After that I found it perfect.
    xx Nicole

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I found it plenty for the size 5 and 6. My girl has a decent sized noggin and she’s no fan of the tight neck hole.

LINK
    Frances Suzanne @Frances Suzanne

Thanks @motherof5 and @cybele727 for taking the time to respond!! We will be sewing a size 4T, with added length to the hem, so maybe we’ll be okay :).

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Great tip, Nicole — I will bear it in mind when making the tiny sizes.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

@frances-suzanne that’s exactly the size/length I just made for my 4&3/4 year old and no probs at all with head hole size. Have fun. That placket is gold!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.