Oliver + S

How to lengthen skirt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    rimoxie @rimoxie

Hi all – I am making a Catolie party dress and have run into a problem by having run out of fabric. Dress is at: http://www.welcometothemousehouse.com/2013/12/the-caroline-party-dress-its-here.html

I am using this (https://www.fabric.com/buy/dh-362/valori-wells-nest-cotton-voile-berries-rose) fabric for the skirt (pieced together from small pieces I had. I was fixated on using this fabric!) and a pink honeycomb for the top with a white eyelet collar.

I’m about 1-2 inches short on the skirt. I’d love any ideas. Maybe finish with double folded bias to lengthen? Or use the dark pink honeycomb at the bottom in some way, either ruffled or like an underskirt peeking out? Just looking for an idea that will look intentional and not like A jigsaw puzzle. I’ve already had to piece together the Valori Wells fabric from some narrow remnants, trying to match the pattern. Maybe I should just suck up the cost and buy fabric to do this properly? (Where’s the fun in that? πŸ˜‰ )

Thanks!!

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

Make a ruffle out of eyelet to match the collar or leave it short and do a longer eyelet underskirt.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Lots of options!
    1. Bias binding, either over the edge so it shows or folded under to make a hem facing
    2. add the honeycomb pink Ruffle (generally my favorite πŸ™‚
    3. Add lace, I would add eyelet lace as it’s already on the collar.
    4. do a rolled hem
    5. Draft a hem facing
    6. Make a skirt to go underneath, maybe a lazy days skirt. add a ruffle or lace to the edge. She can wear the skirt under this dress (and others! ) to give additional length.
    I’m sure there are other ways to do it too πŸ™‚

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I vote for the eyelet as well!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.