Oliver + S

How 'long' does the Tea Party Dress (18-24 mth) fit?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Ladies, from your many and varied experiences, how long does the T-party dress fit? I realise that’s a lot like “how long is a piece of string?” I cut out an 18-24mths T-party dress in linen which I didn’t get to in time for the intended child but I have a ‘just-turned’ 2 yrs old that I can make it up for so that she can wear for the last month or so of an American summer. She seems pretty average for her age, and pretty sturdy- as far as can tell from pics – do you think it is worth the risk? I’ve made the playshorts a few times but never the dress, and I’d hate it to be too tight.

Any advice/experience gratefully received – especially if it’s quick!

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Should be fine. The tea party seems to get too short before it gets too small.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thank you for your speedy response, mkhs; I appreciate it. If anyone else wants to chime in, that would be great.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve also seen it too short before to small.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Ta, Heidi. Sounds like it’s worth taking the risk. All the recent babies that I might sew for in the future, are boys – gorgeous bunnies. So, need to get shot of the TParty. Dying to give it a go as so many of the beauties I’ve seen in Flickr are so enticing.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Agree with the above! Wear for a long time with leggings. My daughter’s nearly 6 and her size 4s still fit, they’re just too short to wear without something underneath.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Agree with the above! Wear for a long time with leggings. My daughter’s nearly 6 and her size 4s still fit, they’re just too short to wear without something underneath.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Thank you Sarvi, your experience of the T Party is also very helpful as I cut out a size 5 of the dress, and would like to make it up for the intended child but was concerned it might be too tight. Now I know it’s probably worth the effort, and if it doesn’t fit Miss B, then it will be fine for a younger child. Since leggings are all the go here, – still – the length issues can easily be dealt with. Thank you everybody for your prompt help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.