Oliver + S

Help with Step 7 on Museum Trousers/Back Belt Loop

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Hello!

I am absolutely loving the art museum trouser pattern; it is great that Liesel designed a patterned geared towards boys that has such interesting details…Okay, here’s my question: Does someone mind showing me a picture of how they finished off the belt loops in the back? Are we bartacking on the facing or folding it and bartacking at the top of the waistband? I’m confused as to how this should look when finished….Any help will be greatly appreciated! Happy sewing, Purl

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Does this help Purl?

Please let me know if I can be of anymore help.

~Nicole~

Attachments:
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Renee @Renee

This is one I recently made with the top of the loop folded over and sewn to the top of the waistband.

LINK
    Renee @Renee

…and the image..

LINK

Hi Nicole and Renee, Thank you both so much for your responses! So it looks like you fold it to the top of the waistband ( not over to the facing side) , edge stitch, and cut the remainder off on the underside of the loop ( just like the directions indicate but the pictures you sent clarify ).
    Thanks so much, as always, for your help!

LINK

Hi Nicole and Renee, Thank you both so much for your responses! So it looks like you fold it to the top of the waistband ( not over to the facing side) , edge stitch, and cut the remainder off on the underside of the loop ( just like the directions indicate but the pictures you sent clarify ).
    Thanks so much, as always, for your help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.