Oliver + S

Help finding this coat pattern!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

I lost my beloved coat last winter (sad but it was 9 years old and on its last leg, I wouldn’t havr been able to give it up otherwise).

I would like to make one like it, it was like these, my favorite parts were the stand up collar, the dress like shape under the seam, and the tailored upper part

Does anyone know of a pattern like this or a few I can combine?
    Thank you!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

It’s like grown up Sunday Brunch! I can see why you’d want another. No help with a pattern sorry, but I’ll bet there’s one out there that’s similar enough.
    Good luck

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

I think I’ve seen some patterns like that on the burda style website. I will have a look for you later once the evening madness is over in my house.

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

Here are a few different coat patterns from burda style that could be a good starting point. None of them are exactly like your photos but with some collar and button placement changes a couple of them could come close.

Coat with mandarin collar

Babydoll style double breasted coat

Short coat with front buttons and pockets

3/4 length sleeve mod style coat

Long wool coat

LINK
    NanaMar @NanaMar

Good morning, NZ

I found a few patterns that might help you re-create your coat.
    Two of them are Simplicity Project runway out-of-print ones.
    First, the girl’s coat pattern that reminded me of your coat:

Simplicity 2534 which goes up to Girls size 14, and

Simplicity 2508 which has a super collar

Use this link to get to Simplicity Creative which carries OOP patterns – and brings up 2508;

http://www.simplicity.com/p-3064-misses-jackets.aspx

Vogue has one pattern – V9157:

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v9157-products-50716.php?page_id=174

and Butterick, too, has one – B6141, that might help:

http://butterick.mccall.com/b6141-products-49148.php

Losing a favourite article of clothing can be like losing an old friend – good luck!
    Marlene

LINK
    sosew @sosew

Thank you so much!!!
    These are all some great options and it’s so helpful to see the variations
    I think I’m going to get the vouge pattern and lengthen the collar, and raise the waist seam and add the pleat.
    Sadly my fabric store doesn’t have the new patterns in so I have some time to scheme

LINK
    sosew @sosew

can i ask you all for some more help?

i have the vouge coat and am stumped on the collar. its hard to see in the photo but the collar itself doesnt come all the way to the edge of the jacket, it has a separate piece that buttons on each side that closes the gap. I woudl rather have just the collar coming to the edge of the jacket, but can i simply lengthen (make wider) the collar so that it starts and ends at the edge of the coat? (i guess this would be a mandarin collar?) or do i need to do something different in the construction

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would do as you suggest but sew one side of your collar to the jacket ( the under collar) and the upper collar to your facing/lining.

Then sew those together

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.