Oliver + S

Excited to sew the Everyday Skirt!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I’ve been toying with trying the Everyday Skirt–I rarely sew for myself, usually crafts or for the kids. But the “Yay, we won” sale had me going ahead and buying it, and now I get to sew something for myself.

And I admit I also bought the Bedtime Story pjs. I’d given up on finding paper copies (which I much prefer), so the digital on sale will have to do.

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

The Everyday Skirt is such a great pattern! I have two and wear them often.

LINK
    vothgirl @vothgirl

You’ll love sewing and wearing the Everyday Skirt! I’ve sewn 3 now (2 for myself and one for my sister). It’s easy but looks very pulled together.

I may have also taken advantage of the “yay we won!” sale and picked up 1 or 3 Liesl + Co patterns I didn’t have yet…

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

I am going to suggest you make a muslin. It goes together beautifully, but has tons of ease. You may not need the size it says you need. You may be able to go down one or two depending. Or you may need the size for the front of one, but a narrower cut/ size down in the back. The back has extra and for some of us, ahem, there can be a bustle effect of too much fabric in a spot you don’t want it.

Don’t be discouraged though. I love the pattern!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I agree, I made a large per my measurements and wore it a lot, pregnant, 😉

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yes, you might be able to size down a bit. Just be sure the skirt will fit over your hips! That’s the only reason I left the ease–it would be such a shame to sew it and not be able to actually pull the skirt on!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Yep! That is why I recommend the muslin. So you can ease over the hips but avoid that bustle! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.