Oliver + S

Diaper room adaptations

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Alison Cummins @Alison Cummins

The trousers appear to be cut to allow room for cloth diapers, but the child I am making them for wears disposables. This makes a big difference to the fit through the crotch. How do I modify the trouser pattern? Shorten the crotch length by about half an inch, and add that to the length of the legs?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

When I make bottoms bigger I add to the waistband and the centre back seam.

Could you work backwards from there?

Sorry not to be more help.

LINK

Thanks, Nicole. So you only add width? You don’t add length? Doesn’t a cloth diaper crotch hang a lot lower than a disposable diaper crotch?

I’m actually less worried about taking out excessive width, because while it might look funny it doesn’t hamper movement. I’m more concerned that a too-low crotch will get in the way.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am sorry Alison, I worded that badly.

I do add length to the top of the waist band, often I size up. So, yes, I add length.

I am sorry, that was all me!

LINK

Cool, thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My husband made a valid point, just hitch ’em up when they are wearing disposables.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I took some photos to show them over cloth. 🙂

https://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/15664231942/

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Nicole, did you find that the bodysuit was sized to fit over cloth diapers, or should I go up a size? My new niece is due any second and she will be wearing cloth 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I would size up the
    Bodysuit masha

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.