Oliver + S

Blind hem?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

I’m most of the way through the construction of my second city stroll wrap skirt. The first one I made was in a grey denim so a blind hem wasn’t necessary. This time I’m making it in a beautiful floral linen/cotton blend that I’ve been longing to sew with since I bought it over a year ago from The Fabric Store. I’m thinking that I really should do a blind hem on this one to properly do the fabric justice. It will take a while though as I’m quite slow at hand sewing. Will it be worth the work? I know the answer is yes but I need some motivation and encouragement to make me do it… 🙂

Photos of the skirt so far

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Once you make up your mind to do the extra work, nz; I’m sure you’ll feel pleased that you did – especially as you say that the fabric will ‘appreciate’ it. Sit down with a cuppa, and something relaxing on the radio, and hem away quietly.

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

In the end I found some time on a rainy Friday afternoon to do it. My 18 month old was having a nap and my three year old was keen to watch a movie. She and I cuddled up on the couch and I catchstitched the hem while we watched toy story 2. I will post some photos in the Flickr pool in a few days.

I’m in love with the finish of a catchstitched hem now and have started doing it on some of my girls clothes where I want a really clean finish to the hem.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

That sounds like a perfect way to do a blind hem!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Sounds like a very cozy moment, I’m sure it will be a wonderful memory for your daughter, curled up on the couch with mama while she sews…

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

It definitely was a cosy and perfect moment. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.