Oliver + S

Black and white line drawings of the patterns?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

I am hoping you ladies can help me, I seem to remember at one time seeing a few black and white line drawings of a few patterns somewhere on the web, (You know, the pictures of the clothes on the back of the pattern?)but now that I am looking I can’t find them. Does anyone remember seeing them? I feel like they were the black and white paper doll pictures, paired with swatches of fabric that the clothes were to be made in.

I wanted to do that same thing to make a sort of spring wardrobe plan. I often have a hard time looking past the colors of clothes printed on the pattern and prefer a clean slate to get better ideas of what will work with my fabrics. Thanks for the help if any of this rings a bell!

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I know what you are talking about- they were somewhere in the flickr pool. It was a while ago, but if you keeping going back you should find them.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

I know what you are talking about- they were somewhere in the flickr pool. It was a while ago, but if you keeping going back you should find them.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

Sailboat drawing number 2

Is this what you were looking for?

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

I also found this from the O + S blog:

http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2009/03/summer-sewing.html

LINK
    losabia @losabia

Go to http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/patterncatalog.pl?patterncompanyid=165.

Click to find the pattern you want.

On the pattern’s page, click to magnify the envelope’s back.

On the magnified image, right click to bring up a shortcut menu, then click “Open Image in New Window” (or Tab)

In the new window, click on the image to make it bigger.

Right click on the bigger image to bring up a shortcut menu, then click Save Image As…

A window appears for you to save the image on your computer.

Select a location and change the file name if you want to.

Click Save.

If you have a photo editing or other graphics editing program, you can just crop the image to the line drawing only.

Hope that helps!

Lisa K.

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

Thanks for the help ladies! I am still am not sure what it was I saw, it seemed different, but I could just be remembering it wrong! I wish I was talented enough to sketch up the outfits myself, but I think I will just do what losabia suggested.

Thanks again!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

If you click on the “pattern details” button while viewing a particular pattern on our website, you’ll see all the back pattern information including the black and white drawings of the front and back of each view in the envelope.

LINK
    mrsc1345 @mrsc1345

Thanks Liesl, I ended up doing that, and clicked ‘save image as’ and it gave me a perfect little image of just the illustrations. I saved all the ones I own, copied them to my adobe elements, and it let me gallery print them as 4X5’s on a few sheets of paper. Now I can attach drawings of the clothes to my piles of fabric and maybe get a better view of our spring/summer wardrobe. I’m trying to make it more mix and matchable this year. I always make cute stuff, but a lot of times it won’t blend with any other pieces I have made.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Was it this? http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/4753526017/ ,my son my it up for me?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.