Oliver + S

Best pants for tall 4 year old

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Elizabeth @Ekmcnally

I need advice on the best patterns to use for my daughter’s pants. She is tall and slender- probably a 3 width and 5/6 length. She prefers no button or real fly on the front of her pants and isn’t too picky beyond that. I have the following patterns:

-sandbox (up to 3T)
    -field trip (up to 4t)
    -art museum (up to 4t)
    -after school (5t-12)

Any thoughts on which of those four is the best starting point to get a nice, slender fit? I’ve made the playtime leggings and will make the nature walk pants and feel relatively confident in my ability to adjust them to her size. I just need advice for twill/denim/corduroy type pants. Thank you!!

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I’ve made them all except the Nature Walk and for my kids who are slim but average height I have found the After School to be the slimmest. They’re easy to pull on for little ones, too.

I still have to size my oldest daughter down in width on everything, she’s 11. It’s not difficult, I just have focus carefully when I trace my pattern pieces so I don’t forget to be consistent in my adjustments.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Both the Sandbox and Afterschool have nice long legs.

LINK
    etc3 @etc3

I love the fit of the After School pants. They are a nice slim fit although I do have to lengthen them a bit for my long skinny boys. The Sandbox are also a great fit and I’ve never had to lengthen them.
    Good luck!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Agree re the after pants – they are the slimmest IMO – I love the sandbox pants but they are wide-ish at the bottoms

(Ahhh, but just realised you only have the larger size range for the after school….I think that you would be best making a 3/4T if she is long and skinny)

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Justine J.
    LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I love the field trip! These are my goto pants. I have made them 3T with 4 length plus 2×2″ growth hems. I made them last may and they are still going very strongly and we have only let down the first 2″.

LINK
    Elizabeth @Ekmcnally

Thank you all! I had a feeling that the after school would be the best fit so I look forward to my daughter growing into the size 5! Maybe I’ll experiment with the sandbox and field trip for now. If I skip most of the pockets then I should be able to sew up a pair or two quickly to confirm fit.

LINK
    Inder @Inder

Maybe consider buying the small range of the After School pattern, since it is actually a fantastic pants pattern for little boys too? 😉

LINK
    Inder @Inder

It would also be very easy to slim down the Art Museum trousers based on a pair of pants that fits well. The Field Trip and Sandbox patterns have wide legs.

LINK
    Elizabeth @Ekmcnally

Thanks, Inder! I’m always looking for a reason to buy another pattern 🙂 Of course as of yesterday E has decided she prefers skirts and dresses, so apparently my pants-sewing project is on hold anyway.

LINK
    Anonymous @

After School pants are the perfect choice for my long, string-bean girl.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.