Oliver + S

Best book on overlockers/sergers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

Hi ladies,
    Which book would you recommend on using an over locker/serger? I don’t want one that has ‘projects’ to make, but I like a nice meaty read, so something comprehensive.

I am a beginner though have been using my machine fairly well so far, for basic stuff. I can thread it OK. It’s a Juki 634DE, though I don’t know if thats of any relevance when buying a book.

I’ve looked at the internet for tutorials though I prefer reading. Perhaps you don’t think I need a book? Thank you in advance,Linda

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have a Juki and it came with a manual, of sorts. I find that has all the information I really need to know but I must admit I probably don’t use all the features.
    I tend to Google and then pinterest any links I need.
    Sorry not to be more help.

LINK
    Linda @Knitting1

No, that IS helpful, thanks Nicole. I hadn’t thought of using Pinterest to keep info,- that’s a good idea. I use Pinterest a lot so I will definitely do that. As I said, not sure if I do need a book. I’m a bit of a Luddite and tend to think of getting info from books rather than via the internet- my family laugh at me and keep saying, “Google is your friend.” !

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Oh yes, good tip to check Pinterest! I’m in the same boat as you, Linda. I’m pretty sure these machines do much more than just neatening edges, I just haven’t taken the time to explore.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.