Oliver + S

Any thoughts on the Sunday Brunch Jacket from flannel?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

Would it work to make the Sunday Brunch Jacket from flannel? I just love the look of the herringbone flannels, and am wondering if it’d work. Drape, gathering, etc. Thoughts?

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

My only hesitation would be how the flannel itself would wear. I think it would sew up fine into the jacket, but I have yet to find a flannel that doesn’t fade and pill horribly after a few washes. I’d subject a sizable swatch to some rough treatment first.

Also, you’d probably want to use a lighter cotton for the bias bindings – flannel on flannel would get really bulky.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The only one I’ve made was flannel and i thought it worked very well. The Woollies flannels are lovely, I made a Music Class shirt in a herringbone flannel from them and it washed and wore perfectly. I say go for it. It will be more a heavy shirt weight than a jacket but the fabric will behave just fine.
    You’ll be able to spot my flannel Sunday Brunch jacket in my All The Skirts post!

LINK
    Audrey @skirtfixation

Thanks @lightningMcStitch Yours is lovely, and I think just what I’m looking for. Now to decide…

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I think flannel would be really cute and cozy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.