Oliver + S

Adding a ruffle to the shorts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Cindy Hardy @Cindy Hardy

I want to make some ruffled shorts for my DGD….has anyone used this pattern “as is” to do so? I really don’t like these kind of shorts slim. TIA, Cindy

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Where would you like to add the ruffle, my love?

LINK
    Cindy Hardy @Cindy Hardy

To the hem…like boutique shorts. I have tried pj patterns but they’re too slim and the stride is way too long!

LINK
    Cindy Hardy @Cindy Hardy

This is my first time posting. Please forgive my mistakes ( like posting twice and not being more specific in the subject line!).

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

No problems at all!

Happy to have you here!

I would add the ruffle to the front and pin and stitch the blinding over the top of it. That would give an ‘up’ ruffle.

To add a ruffle pointing down the leg could be trickier, or you could finish the shorts as per instructions and then add a gathered piece to the inside, baste it and then topstitch it in place…..

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Although it’s not the puppet show shorts have you seen this tutorial for adding ruffles to the class picnic shorts? http://siestasandsewing.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/ruffle-shorts-tutorial.html

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Finally getting around to making these again, thank you Heidi for the ruffle link! I really need to get a Ruffler!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

A ruffler is a great piece of equipment 🙂
    I’ve also recently been using elastic thread in the bobbin as a quick and easy gathering/ruffling method. I like it because I can easily stretch the gathered piece to fit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.